Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th, 2011

Well folks, it's here again. September 11th has come back around and still we have not forgotten where we may have been on that tragic day 10 years ago. Personally, I was in my 3rd grade classroom, watching death and horror take place on our small tv screen. I had no idea what was happening. It seemed like nothing special, but it was an earth-shattering event. I grew to understand, remember, and feel remorse for those who lost their lives. Given the chance to visit ground zero was nothing like anything I have ever felt before. Honestly, I never wanted to leave. Staring at the place where the towers were, feeling amazement, shock, pity, pain and being absolutely overwhelmed. The buildings behind me still stained with black ash and memory. A man remained on the corner with a picture of the towers to show just how large they really were. Breathtaking. On this day, all of these feelings come back to me and I wish everyone a safe 10th anniversary and I ask to to remember that day, 10 years ago. Have a great day all, more to come soon!

Stay safe,
Rah

No comments:

Post a Comment